Our Quality Commitment to You
Professional Opticians of Florida is committed to continuing our proud tradition of offering only high-quality education with our “home study” courses that are hosted on pofCE.org,
Only top instructors in the optical profession were asked to research and write courses that are interesting and relevant to you. Each course has been reviewed by a panel of experts to ensure that all information is the most accurate and up-to-date.
All home study courses available on pofCE.org are approved by the Florida Board of Opticianry for the renewal of your Florida optician's license. Florida provider 50-1645
Go to pofCE.org
You can earn up to five educational hours to renew your license online right now. With over 20 different CE hours available to choose from, there is something for everyone.
All online continuing education courses are one hour unless noted otherwise.
|| Technical: Contact Lens
- New Active Progressive Lens Wearers: Understanding Technologies Fitting Techniques
- Optical Solutions for Computer Vision Syndrome
- Sunwear & Polarized Lenses
- Casting Call Wanted:The Best Lens Material For Lens Prescriptions Everywhere
- The Other Side Of Free-Form
- The Optics Of Free-Form Progressive Lenses
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Art of Dispensing
- Lens Aberrations
- Prescribe, Outdoor Eyewear's Call to Action
- Present, Making Outdoor Eyewear Understood
- Protect, The Reason for Outdoor Eyewear
- The Dark Side of Ultraviolet and Blue Light
• Use Of Contact Lenses In The Visual Correction of Keratoconus
• Contact Lens Instruments
• GP Multifocal Primer
• Slit Lamp 101
• Soft Lens Fitting 101
• Toric Soft Lens Fitting
• Use of Contact Lenses in the Visual Correction of Keratoconus
| Elective Courses|| Medical Errors and HIV|
& AIDS Training
- Selling, It Is Really a Pain (Thank Goodness!)
| • Reduction of Medical Errors (2 hours) NOW ALSO AVAILABLE ON VIDEO|
• AIDS/HIV Issues in the Optical Profession
For Online Home Study Courses go to pofCE.org
While transitioning to our new software, POF temporarily made its online CE courses available by phone or email request. Many opticians took advantage of the course offerings during that brief time period, and we thank you all for your patience while we upgraded our system.
To order courses, you will need to create a new login to register and pay. Your old password will not work. Your email address is your user name and we created a temporary password for all licensed opticians and apprentices that we have in our system.
To access online CE, your new temporary password uses your Florida license number. Opticians, your temporary password is formatted like this: DO####AA (replace the #### with your 3 or 4 digit license number) Apprentices, use DA####AA instead.
If you are a first-time pofCE.org user, set up your own password-protected account by selecting “Sign up for an account”. You will create a user-name and gain access to our online courses by providing your name, address, and Florida license number. After you have created an account, select “Log in now” to choose your course(s). Now you're ready to purchase the course you need, complete the course exam, and receive a certificate of completion. It's that simple!
Go to PofCE.org