NCLE Exam Review Webinar Series:
Professional Opticians of Florida is pleased to offer the NCLE Exam Review Webinar Series. This NCLE webinar series consists of 6 - (2) hour sessions instructed by, Thomas Neff, an HCC Opticianry program instructor. Your instructor will help you prepare for the NCLE exam by teaching appropriate materials and answering any questions in advance of your exam.
NCLE Exam Review Webinar Series
January 16 & 17
January 30 & 31
Webinar Hours: 7 - 9pm
This course will prepare the candidate for the NCLE Basic examination.
Topics will include:
Domain I -
- Ocular Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology of the eye as it pertains to contact lens wear and
Domain II -
- Refractive errors regarding ametropias and optical conditions related to contact lenses.
Domain III -
- Pre-fitting techniques will be discussed to evaluate the relationship between the corneal readings and the refractive error to identify the possible need for specialty materials and designs.
Domain V and VI –
- Will discuss the diagnostic fitting and dispensing of both soft and rigid lenses, including aftercare, wearing schedules and patient hygiene.
- This Domain will also include the use of instruments, tests and evaluation procedures.
Domain VII –
- Will discuss follow-up and problem solving protocol as it relates to normal and abnormal symptoms and
Domain VIII –
- Will discuss the legal aspects of contact lenses and tolerance standards utilized in contact lens fitting.
For more information on the NCLE/ABO Exam Review